NEWS COVID -19
COMBINED COUNTRIES TOURS
Last News Tourists Entering Israel
ISRAEL INCOMING TOUR OPERATORS ASSOCIATION
28 December 2020
It has come to our attention that there is a disparate amount of information
regarding the current plan for allowing tourists to enter Israel. We would like to
clarify this and summarize the understandings which were reached by the
professionals working in the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health.
The finished outline has as yet not been announced and approved, however at the
meeting of the Knesset’s Economy committee the lines of action that were
presented are as follows:
1. Before entering Israel, each tourist must fill out an inbound passenger
health statement form on the Ministry of Health’ website. The form with the
approval by the Health Ministry will be submitted to the Immigration
2. The first phase will allow entrance to tourists from green countries
only. In addition to the health declaration form, there is a 72-hour NEGATIVE
COVID-19 Test requirement which is mandatory for each tourist upon his/her
arrival to the country.
3. Now that the vaccination campaign has started in Israel, and it is
expected that most of the relevant population will be vaccinated by the end
of March 2021, there may be a relaxation of the restrictions as presented
4. The member of the Israel Incoming Tour operators Association must
submit an application on the Ministry of Tourism’s website for approval for
the group to enter Israel (minimum 5 tourists in the group) the Israeli agent
will have to provide the following information:
* Name of the (hotel) accommodations and the itinerary (route)
* Name of the guide and driver, who will have to stay with the group
throughout the tour – until the group departs and is not under any
circumstances be replaced while the group is in Israel.
*Details of the tourist group including flight details, including arrival
and departure dates, airline and flight number.
*The group leader must have an Israeli mobile phone with him at all times so
that he can be reached throughout the tour.
5. Every tourist is required to have health insurance that includes
coverage for lockdown, isolation quarantine or hospitalization as a result of
Corona (Covid 19) The Israeli agents will be held responsible should the case
be so, for any tourist who is not covered by his/her insurance company.
6. The group will have a 24/7 connection to an emergency room, should
it be needed for any health issue.
7. There will be an accurate record of the group’s movement throughout
Israel. The Israel Incoming Tour Operators Assoc. will provide the members
with an app that will record the movement of groups should it be necessary
to report infection.
8. The groups movements will be separate as much as possible
during the event and will behave in accordance with the rules to protect the
9. All tourist sites that are on the itinerary / route must be licensed
according to the recent health & cleanliness and health regulations issued by
10. Our efforts are aimed to get permission for tourists from all countries,
regardless of the country’s status as red or green, subject to the stipulations
of the Corona examination prior to the arrival in Israel. We assume that the
discussion(deliberation) will be more relevant towards the end of March
2021, with the completion of the vaccination campaign in Israel.
11. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any clarification, questions or
requests. As mentioned in the onset, the above is still in the planning
stages awaiting for approval by the government officials and implementation
subject to the Health Cabinet.
12. The State of Israel has an excellent opportunity of being the first in
the world to vaccinate most of the population and thus will be able to
remove the restrictions enabling incoming tourism to resume -according to
the government’s decision. The Israel Incoming Tour Operators Association is
working currently together with the government on being able to permit
tourists who have a valid certificate of proof that that they have been
vaccinated, to enter the country, As well, they are working to find the
appropriate procedures for tourists who will be coming after the vaccination
campaign is completed (expected date -March 21 2021).